With the Corona virus pandemic going on, I am sure a lot of you went to your local store or stores to purchase hand sanitizer. Just to find out that the store was completely sold out!
Not to fear…Blue Planet is here!
You should continue to wash your hands with soap and water, however some time we are in situations where that is just not available, and you need something a little extra.
For this recipe you will need:
- 1 Tbsp. witch hazel extract (at least 85% by volume).
- 1 cup 100% aloe Vera gel.
- 30 drops tea tree essential oil.
- 8-10 drops lavender essential oil (or sub rosemary, cedarwood, sage or thyme, according to the scent and strength you prefer).
- ¼ tsp. pure vitamin E oil.
- 2 4-ounce bottles with pump camps.
- In a small bowl mix essential oils with Vitamin E oil.
- Add the witch hazed to the oils and mix again.
- Add this mixture to the aloe Vera gel and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in a couple of clean dark 4-oucne bottles with pump camps.
- Shake gently before each use.
- The sanitizer should last 3-4 months since Vitamin E acts as a preservative.
We hope you give this a try at home and be sure to share your experience making it with us @blueplanetecoeyewear.